Saturday 10 October 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 10-10-2020: Fiji

10th October, 2020.

Right … 

I’ve officially had the swab test: just the swab test.

Usually, it’s a swab and blood test.

Frankly?

After three tries, the tester couldn’t get a drop out of me!

Apparently?

The aspiring I’m on, for my heart?

Is what’s causing the problem!

Oy veh … !

~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum†, Trevor‡, Edith^ and Debbiª‚ putting in their answers: with Olga, Trevor and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum and Edith on one.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1) 10th October saw Fiji gain independence. From where?

Q2) In which year?

Q3) What’s Fiji’s capital?

Q4) Fiji is in which ocean: the South Atlantic, North Atlantic or South Pacific?

Q5) Finally … ?   Fiji is part of which Oceanic region: Polynesia, Micronesia or Melanesia?

Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1) The Khmer Republic was founded on 9th October: of which year?

A1) 1970.

Q2) In what had then been — and is now — which Asian nation?

A2) Cambodia.

Q3) It was led by Sisowath Sirik Matak: and by which general?

A3) Lon Nol.

Q4) The two had come to power in March.   In a what: invasion, coup or election?

A4) A coup.

Q5) The Republic fell in 1975: after a civil war.   A civil war that enabled which group to take power?

A5) The notorious Communist Party of Kampuchea, or Khmer Rouge.   (I get the impression the Civil War was as disastrous as the Republic.   But that neither were as bad as the Khmer Rouge regime.)

Here’s a motto …

“Rerevaka na Kalou ka Doka na Tui.”

“Fear God and honour the Queen.”

Fiji’s Motto.

And a national anthem …

Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        Very true, Olga!   I’m just revelling in the quiet evenings.   Those vouchers are handy, as well.   I think someone’s going to get a lot of Fortnite stickers!   Actually, did I ever mention FIFA 21?   It’s the next big FIFA game for the Playstation … and LORDY, it’s silly money!   (Just shy of £90: about €99.25.   That’s my shopping for six weeks!)

†        Morning, Mum!

‡        Did I mention I’ve a copy of Eye, Trevor?   It’s interesting reading.   (Oh, I’m reading Gibson’s Distrust the Particular Flavor, at the moment.   Apparently, he’s banned in Singapore: after comparing it to Disneyland … with death sentences …)

^        My pleasure, Edith!   Oh … I fairly sure I mentioned this to Debbi, many years ago: but there’s a long gone pop quiz called Never Mind The Buzzcocks.   They did a Dr Who special, back in 2009.   Bernard Cribbins was hysterical!   (You might need Tor to get to it.)

ª        Ooh, Layer Cake!   I’ve not seen Layer Cake for years, Debbi!   It’s well worth a watch, it really is: just don’t read my review until afterwards!   And, yes, I was talking about the TV show: it’s seriously something!

5 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) The UK
Q2) 1970
Q3) Suva
Q4) South Pacific
Q5) Melanesia
I'm not sure I've ever read about Aspirin having anything to do with getting blood (of course it could make you bleed more, but normally unlikely at the doses it is used for prevention), but your comment has reminded me of trying to get blood out of some patients. (Normally we had phlebotomists which came to the ward to take bloods, but if they were on holiday, or we needed urgent bloods, sometimes I had to take them, and the worst about it was that because I didn't do it that often it could prove challenging. And, sometimes we had patients with a history of drug abuse or some medical condition that had very difficult to locate veins. It can be a challenge.
The prices of the games are incredible. I have no idea how much it must cost them to create them, but considering how many they sell, I'm sure they are making tonnes of money compared to any costs. Ridiculous amounts of money. How much the creators get, I'd like to know. (But then, these are trademarked games, so I'm sure they'll have to pay to FIFA and all those kinds of things).
Even standard boardgames seem quite expensive these days (or I guess I don't buy them often, so I don't know the prices). I've been checking educational games related to languages, as they could come in handy when teaching, and even the simplest ones can be quite expensive. I'm not surprised there are a lot of workshops and courses on how to create your own materials.
Stay well.

trev-v said...

A1 United Kingdom
A2 1970
A3 Suva
A4 South Pacific
A5 Melanesia

I am not sure that Debbie will like being renamed as Edith

“putting in their answers: with Olga, Trevor and Edith scoring five out of five, and Mum and Edith on one. “

Debbi said...

I look forward to it! :)

1. the UK
2. 1970
3. Suva
4. the South Pacific
5. Melanesia

I'm beginning to think Doctor Who fans are truly a global tribe of some kind. Yesterday, I managed to stumble across two really cool blogs with Doctor Who images or references in them! They're always people who seem interesting, anyway. Scientists or lifestyle experts. Whatever. :)

David said...

Hi! David here again!

1. Britain
2. 1970
3. Suva
4. South Pacific
5. Melanesia

Got to say, these 5 question sets are a lot easier to do on the bus home from a friend's place at 2am than the 10 question sets. I can blame the wine if I've made any mistakes

Nik Nak said...

Mum posted these answers: which seem to have got lost


1 UK
2 1960
3 NO IDEA
4 Sth Pacific
5 Polyneisa