Friday 2 October 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 2-10-2020: When In Rome … 

2nd October, 2020.


Yes: I’m going to be officially doing stuff, today.

And yes: that’s going to involve making videos!


Frankly, that’s going to take all day!

~≈§≈~

I’m not a US citizen: the English accent is possibly a clue, there.

As such, I couldn’t vote in US elections.

Either way … ?

I’m not a fan of President Trump.   His Vice President, Mike Pence, seems more Presidential.   Even though I’m told Pence has views considered slightly to the right of Adolf Hitler.

Trump, himself … ?   Seems … too quick with his mouth, to quick to speak, without checking facts, for me to feel confident about him as leader of an allied nation.

His debating style … ?   Is way too aggressive.

As for the Covid situation?

He’s always come across as deeply sceptical.   Seemingly encouraging White House staffers to not wear masks: and helping — in theory — spread the condition.

In theory?

I should cocoa!

He and First Lady, Melania, have both contracted Covid-19.

That’s very convenient timing!

Considering that — in the wake of the first Presidential Debate, this year? — rules have changed: to stop candidates interrupting each other.

It looks like a convenient, reasonable, polite, Covid-secure way of throwing his toys out of his pram.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor†, Anne‡, Edith^, Debbiª and Davidº putting in their answers: with Olga, Trevor, Anne, Debbi and David scoring five out of five, and Edith on two.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1)    2nd October, 1870, saw Rome named as capital city of where?

Q2)    Rome’s also the capital of which of that country’s regions?

Q3)    The city was founded by Romulus and Remus.   They’d been brought up by a what?

Q4)    Rome’s said to built on seven … what?

Q5)    Finally, and famously?   Which language was spoken in the Roman Empire: Latin, Chinese or Sanskrit?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1)    1st October is Independence Day in Nigeria.   Where did it become Independent from?
A1)    The UK.

Q2)    In which year did Nigeria become independent?
A2)    1960.

Q3)    Nigeria’s a what: republic, monarchy or theocracy?
A3)    A republic.

Q4)    What’s Nigeria’s capital city?
A4)    Abuja.

Q5)    Finally … ?   English is the official language of Nigeria.   Name any one of the three main national languages.   (In this case?   The languages are the three main languages by number of speakers.)
A5)    Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba.   (That’s going on number of speakers.   There are some 525 languages in Nigeria.)
Here’s a thought …
“I found Rome a city of bricks and left it a city of marble.”
Augustus Caesar.
And a song


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.


*        You know, now you think of it … ?   That’s a bloody good idea, Olga!   I’m still in the middle of the cinema piece, but that would make a good successor!   The police were due out, again, yesterday … but never turned up.   Unlike Amazon!   That’s the Christmas presents sorted.
And yes, I had heard of that shakes diet!   I’ll have to have a look at it.
(I think the rain in Spain’s emigrated: we’ve now got it … )

†        Wouldn’t surprise me, Trevor.   It’s valuable intellectual property.

‡        Morning, Anne, nice to see you back in!   See you Saturday, hopefully!

^        Morning, Edith¯!   Nice to see you back in!   Did I mention these posts?

ª        Yes, I saw them, Debbi¯!   :D   You know, I’m going to have to sit down with Sandman!   Once I’ve got through the pile: I’ve still got Deep Six in there!

º        There’s one or two people that complain about the ten question sets, David.   I like them, myself: I can get the questions to really bounce!

¯        Just as a questions, Edith, Debbi?   Any idea if this is genuine?   The Special could be interesting, if it is …

5 comments:

Nik Nak said...

Actually, Edith, Debbi: it’s possibly that trailer’s fan made: I can’t see it on the Dr Who site or Youtube channel.

I did find this scene from Fury from the Deep.

Olga said...

Q1) Italy
Q2) Lazio
Q3) Wolf (a she-wolf)
Q4) Hills (like Sheffield)
Q5) Latin
Well, it is raining here today as well. Perhaps it's the same everywhere (I've just attended a webinar with people from all over Spain and it seems it was raining all over).
We don't have big family gatherings for Christmas, so I'm not too worried about presents, although I was thinking about my mother. At the rate we're going, anything that is not a mask would probably be a bonus!
Good to see more people joining in and coming back.

trev-v said...

A1 Italy
A2 Lazio
A3 She-Wolf
A4 Hills
A5 Latin.

My school hymn was partially in Latin.

Non no-bis Domine, Domine
Non nobis Domine
Sed nomini, Sed nomini
Tu o da gloriam
Not unto us, O Lord
Not unto us, O Lord
But to Your name
But to Your name
May all the glory be
Non no-bis Domine, Domine
Non nobis Domine
Sed nomini, Sed nomini
Tu o da gloriam
Non no-bis Domine
Non nobos Domi-ne
Non no-bis Domine, Domine
Non nobis…


Edith Reuwer said...

1 Italy
2 Sicilly
3 wolf
4 hills
5. Latin

Debbi said...

Interesting! And don't even get me started about Orange Man. :)

1. Italy
2. the Lazio Region
3. wolf
4. hills
5. Latin