Monday 12 October 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 12-10-2020: Fiesta Nacional de España

12th October, 2020.

Did I mention Sundays … ?

Usually, I have dinner with my family, on Sundays: after babysitter my nephew on a Thursday.

Something I found out, last Thursday?

Was that I could get a laugh out of my nephew, Jude … with a silly song … 

By the time it got to yesterday?

Jude was insisting I play the song to his friends, via Fortnite’s messaging service.

I got a lot of giggling: which always sounds like fun.

I think I’ve started something!


~≈😃≈~
Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Edith*, Olga†, Trevor‡, Debbi^ and Mumª putting in their answers: with Olga, Trevor, Debbi and Mum scoring five out of five: and Edith on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1) 12th October is the Fiesta Nacional de España.   It’s on the anniversary of Columbus’ arrival where: Africa, Asia or the Americas?

Q2) That arrival was in which year?

Q3) Spain is a what: monarchy, theocracy or republic?

Q4) The Cortes Generales is the Spanish what?

Q5) What’s Spain’s capital city?

Q6) Spain’s majority language is Spanish.   According to Wikipedia, seventeen to nineteen percent (17 to 19%) of Spaniards speak what: Galician, Basque or Catalan?

Q7) Spain is on which peninsular?

Q8) Castile and León, Andalusia, and Cantabria are Spanish what: autonomous communities, provinces or comarcas?

Q9) Lope de Vega, Miguel Cervantes and Javier Marías are all Spanish what?

Q10) Finally … ?   La Roja, the Red One, is the Spanish national side.   In which sport: basketball, football or shinty?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1) 11th September, 1961, saw the birth of artist, TV presenter and musician, Neil Buchanan.   He’s recently denied being whom?
A1) Banksy.   You can read the article, here

Q2) Bollywood star, Amitabh Bachchan, was born on 11th October, 1942.   This year saw him catch — and recover from — what?
A2) Covid-19.

Q3) Sean Patrick Flanery was born on 11th October, 1965.   He played Indiana Jones in what: Raiders of The Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade or The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles?

Q4) For many of the Jewish faith, 11th October is Simchat Torah.   The Festival marks finishing public readings of what?
A4) The Torah.   (I believe there’s similar Islamic and Christian festivals: don’t quote me, though!.)

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Second Boer War started on 11th October, 1899.   In what’s now which country?
A5)        South Africa.
Here’s a thought …
“We live in different ages, non-Spaniards and ourselves: they in the age of silver, we in the age of brass.”
Lope de Vega.
And a playlist …


I’ve come across Fernando Sor, before now: some of his work is part of the basic repertoire for those learning Spanish guitar.

Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

 Have a good day.



*        Morning, Edith: how IS the day?   (Are you OK with 10 question sets?   I prefer them, myself: but not everyone’s fond of them.   Trevor isn’t, for example: and Debbi find’s them tough on her hand.   David likes them: but I think he’s starting to see the shorter set’s appeal)

†        You know, that sounds vague like a version of Top Trumps, Olga!   Or, at least, like a trick taking game: like Whist or Bridge!   If one could add pictures to the cardsº, that could be useful.   And I’d not underestimate the power of a two player game: how long as chess been going?
I’ve seen those sticks, as well: how well they work, I couldn’t tell you!   I do know you can share things on iCloud and Google Docs, if that’s any help?
And my pleasure: about the audio!   I only hope they’s kept the theme tune!
Oh, enjoy the Fiesta!

‡        Don’t look at me, Trevor, I wouldn’t have the foggiest!   Although I’ve had it happen to me as well. From drivers of both sexes!   We’re back to five questions, tomorrow.

^        Very true, Debbi, very true!   Oh … did I post this trailer … ?   I’m almost done ripping and will be watching it … soon … (Sorry about the amount of questions, by the way.   But, in all fairness?   I’ve done eighty Independence Day questions, over the years!)


ª        Morning, Mum!

º        I mentioned Magic: the Gathering, yesterday, didn’t I, Olga?   That could be a useful model, there.   (The card in the picture’s an older one that’s no longer made.   It’s worth a bomb on the secondary market!   £11, 999.99!   The stock iMacPro’s cheaper!)

6 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) The Americas
Q2) 1492
Q3) A monarchy (I’ll keep my opinion to myself on that matter).
Q4) Parliament (Legislative chambers)
Q5) Madrid
Q6) Catalan
Q7) Iberian
Q8) Autonomous communities
Q9) Writers
Q10) football
Well, to be honest, I don't have a lot of feeling for this particular holiday, especially with everything going on here, in Catalonia, but hey, a day off is a day off. So far, the stick seems to work well, and at half price, it seemed like an option rather than having to carry my computer in case things didn't work out. Yes, I know about Google, the issue is that I have to physically go to the student's houses and take materials. I just want to make sure I don't have to rely on their own setup, but that would be a good option if we end up having to go online... (not an unlikely possibility).

Nik Nak said...

That reminds me, Olga: I’m still not seeing series four of El Ministerio del Tiempo!

Arrrrrrggghhh … !

trev-v said...

I get this in your comment to Debbi

"Video is unavailable"

Freda said...

1 Americas
2 1487
3 Monarcy
4 Parliament
5 Madrid
6 Catalan
7 ?
8 Comarcas
9 Writers
10 Football

Edith said...

1 Americas
2 1492
3 Monarchy
4. National anthem
5. Madrid
6. Basque
7. European
8.provnces
9. towns
10. Football. I find 10 hard on my hand too. I have ataxia and have the fine motor control of a 10-year-old. It is cool here. I had a jolt this morning, but am feeling better. I see Trev and Debbie have answered before me.

Debbi said...

No problem, Paul. I can play the video. Go figure, eh? :)

1. the Americas
2. 1492
3. monarchy
4. legislature
5. Madrid
6. Catalan
7. Iberian Peninsula
8. autonomous communities
9. writers
10. football