Wednesday 7 October 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 7th October, 2020.

7th October, 2020.


Right … Will Riker.

The entirely fictional First Officer of the USS Enterprise … and a character I watch for years.

Frankly?   A character who I would have killed to see interacting with Commander Raffi Musiker, in Star Trek Picard.

№.1 and №.1?   I should say so.

That’s going a little sideways … 

My point … ?   Is simply that, just recently?   Whenever Will Riker pops into my head?

I start thinking of the theme tune to Roger Ramjet.


No … 

I don’t know why, either!

~≈😐≈~

Just as a quick thought?

If you’ve been following me for a while, you’ll have realised we’ve had issues, recently!

Thankfully, things are a little quieter.

Equally thankfully?

The landlords, Clarion Housing, are due to make permanent repairs to the upstairs windows … 

And, as I’ve pointed it out … ?

They’ve agreed to put a plate over the lock on the main building of the door.

I don’t think it’s going to stop everyone.

But, hopefully, it should slow them down.

~≈😐≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, TrevorAnne‡, Mum^, Edithª and Debbiº‚ putting in their answers: with  Trevor and Olga scoring five out of five, Debbi on four, Anne on three, and Mum and Edith on two..

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1) 7th October, 1897, saw the birth of Elijah Mohammad.   Which religious group did he lead?

Q2) 7th October, 1931, saw the birth of Archbishop Desmond Tutu.   In which year was he named as Archbishop of Cape Town?

Q3) 7th October, 1952, saw the birth of Russian president, Vladimir Putin.   He was a Lieutenant Colonel in what: the CIA, MI6 or KGB?

Q4) Fox New started broadcasting on 7th October, 1996.   It’s owned by which media mogul?

Q5) Finally … ?   The USA launched air strikes on Taliban and al-Qaeda posts: in which country?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1) 6th October is an Anglican feast: that marks the death of William Tyndale.   He famously translated the Bible into which European language?
A1) English.

Q2) The Thirteen Martyrs of Arad were executed on 6th October, 1849.   During a revolution in what’s now which European country?
A2) Now Romania: although, at the time, it was part of the Kingdom of Hungary.   (The area was then part of the Austrian Empire.)

Q3) Exoplanet, 51 Pegasi b was discovered on 6th October, 1995.   It was originally called Bellerophon.   What’s its official name?

Q4) 6th October saw the first sitting of the High Court of Australia.   In which year: 1903, 1904 or 1905?
A4) 1903.

Q5) Finally … ?   Basketball player, Michael Jordan retired on 6th October, 1993.   He returned to the game in March of which year?
A5) 1995.
Here’s a thought …
“We will not allow the past to drag us down and stop us from moving ahead. We understand where we should move.”
Vladimir Putin, born 7th October, 1952.
And a song


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        You know, I only spotted that mistaken date when you pointed it out, Olga!   Which is something I try and avoid!   I usually only write two or three at a time!
Don’t worry about overthinking, though!   I still use Teletext: and will quite happily sit there proof reading it!   “That’s wrong.   That’s wrong.   That’s definitely wrong.   Where’s the apostrophe?   Why can’t BBC journalists punctuate?”   And this is me talking!
You’ve a Rule of Six as well?   It sounds likes it’s going as well as ours … 

†        I think it would definitely have been British English, Trevor: Websters wasn’t published until the 1830s, long after Tyndale’s death.  I think the first English colonies in North America date to the 1600s.   (One of these days, I’ll have to do another set about the Roanoke colony.   Marie Celeste springs to mind …)

‡        Everything OK, Anne?   I notice your Twitter account’s down!

^        Morning, Mum: don’t forget to say hello, to Edith!

ª        You know, I hadn’t thought of that, Edith: I’ll have to see what I can get!   Usually, though, I’ll put a load on, when I go out.   That way, it doesn’t interrupt me.

º        Which I’m thankful for, Debbi!   Saying that, we’re — hopefully — getting an extra security feature put over the lock of the main door.
Hopefully, that’ll prevent any … repeat offences … 

7 comments:

trev-v said...

A1 Nation of Islam
A2 1986
A3 KGB ( he probably holds higher ranks in the other 2)
A4 Keith Rupert Murdoch (via the Murdoch Family Trust)
A5 Afghanistan



Just noticed that Putin is over 4 years younger than me.


Olga said...

Q1) Nation of Islam
Q2) 1986
Q3) KGB
Q4) Rupert Murdoch
Q5) Afghanistan
Yes, although how well the rule is followed. To be honest, I didn't spot the date issue at first, but because I got off reading something else from the previous question, I realised when I went back to it. It's a case of reading what is in our head rather than what is on the paper.
I hope they don't take long to do all the repairs. No news on the classes yet here. We'll see.

Freda said...

1 Nation of Islam Didn't Cassius Clay join that group and became Mo Ali
2 1986
3 KGB
4 Rupert Murdoch
5 Afgannistan

Edith Reuwer said...

1 Black Muslims
2.1974
3KGB
4. Rupert Murdoch
5. Afghanistan

Debbi said...

Here's hoping you're right! :)

1. the Nation of Islam
2. 1986
3. the KGB
4. Rupert Murdoch
5. Afghanistan

Joyal George Joseph said...

Hey! I am Curious from www.fortheidealworld.blogspot.com

I have moved from Blogspot to WordPress and my blog is www.encyclopediaofjoy.wordpress.com

Please subscribe

You can just send me your email address and I will send you the subscription link.

Email: joyalgeorgejoseph@gmail.com

Freda said...

1 UK
2 1960
3 NO IDEA

4 Sth Pacific
5 Polyneisa