Monday 5 October 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 5-10-2020: World Teachers Day

5th October, 2020.

Right … 

I’ve running on something of a lack of sleep.

Which is lovely: when you consider I’ve have a meeting with the Shaw Trust, at ten.

Yes. 



We’ve had a police incident, outside Tomlinson Court.

Late on a Sunday night.

One of my neighbours was watching: it seems someone tried kicking the door down.

I’m … 

Well … 

I’m not happy: I was in bed when it all kicked off!

~≈Î≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Edith†, Debbi‡ and my mother^ putting in their answers: with Olga  scoring ten out of ten, Edith and Debbi on nine, and Mum on seven.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1)    5th October is World Teacher’s Day.   It was established by UNESCO, when: 1994, 1996 or 1998?

Q2)    Teachers usually work in which ‘S’?

Q3)    Teachers teach which ‘P’?



Q4)    Teachers usually help people gain which ‘E’?

Q5)    Finally … ?   Teachers usually lessons in a group.   A group usually know as which ‘C’?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1)    Is four odd or even?
A1)    Even.

Q2)    Is four a prime number?
A2)    No.

Q3)    What’s four squared (4²)?
A3)    Sixteen (16).

Q4)    What’s the square root of 4 (√4)?
A4)    Two (2).   (The square root of a number (a) is the number (b) that — when multiplied by itself — equals the first number. √a=b*b.   Now … could someone explain that to my mother … ?)

Q5)    In most countries, Monday is the first day of the week.   What is the fourth day of the week?
A5)    Thursday.

Q6)    The Hôtel-de-Ville is the Fourth Arrondissement of which French city?
A6)    Paris.

Q7)    The Four Noble Truths are basic beliefs in which which religion?
A7)    Buddhism.

Q8)    In music, 4/4 time is also called what?
A8)    Common time.

Q9)    2024, 2020, 2016 and 2012 are four years distant from their predecessor. They’re also what?
A9)    Leap years.

Q10)    Finally … ?   Four runs are scored if the ball bounces, or rolls along the ground, before touching or going over the edge of the field.   In which UK sport?
A10)    Cricket.
Here’s a thought …
“A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.”
Henry Adams.
And a playlist


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        It’s official, Olga: Cineworld had confirmed they’ll be closing their venues in the UK and US on Thursday.
It’s … well … I think a mixed VOD and theatrical release could have helped!   It’s something that’s going to get a mention in the next article.
Oh, there’s a few shelters.   I know one homeless chap called Martin: and he’s usually the person to ask about them.   As he uses them, he knows where they are and what they offer.   And has a rough idea of what the staff are like.   The trouble is, I don’t think my mystery visitor is homeless, per se.   The fact he had a bank card tells me he had a home address.   As far as I can tell, he was drunk: or on something.   At a guess he’d certainly need help from a drug rehab group.
Right at the moment?   I’m also wondering if he had anything to do with last night’s events.   My street’s having one hell of a year … 
The window is going to take a while to get repaired, I know that!

†        That a thought, Edith, I’ve got to put my towels through!   And some more t-shirts.   Thanks for reminding me!   (Remind me to tell you about my washing machine: it’s noisy!)

‡        Feel free, Debbi!   Every little helps!   Actually, have you managed to track down a copy of Des?   It’s quite something.   (I’m just grateful there doesn’t seem to be a Des Nilsen or Zodiac, on my street: we’re having a bad year as it is!)
And yes, it was cricket: they don’t score runs in baseball, do they … ?   Um … 
Presidential elections, and Summer Olympics?   I knew there was something about that question!   

^        They’re not that hard, Mum: Olga, Debbi and Edith usually do well.

7 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1994
Q2) Schools
Q3) I am not sure what specific P you’re referring to. (They use their knowledge of Pedagogy to teach, but unless they teach other teachers, that is not what they teach). They might teach a lot of things with P: Physics, PE, Politics, Painting (mind you, you’d call them an art teacher), professions, planning? They can also be Primary or Secondary teachers… I’m sure you have something in mind, but I don’t know what.
Q4) Education. I suspect there could be many answers to this question as well).
Q5) A class
Bad news about the cinemas. Although I used to go to the local cinema in Penistone (independent and wonderful), I also visited a Cineworld in Sheffield (well in a shopping mall in the outskirts, thankfully) quite often, especially if I had a boring Sunday ahead, as tickets were cheaper on Sunday mornings.
I understand a bit better about that guy now. Yes, it doesn't sound as if he is homeless. It does sound as if your street is not having a good time either this year. To tell the truth, I don't think many people or places are. I remember reading a post yesterday joking that in the future we'd use 2020 as a reference for anything bad: "I'm having a 2020 day" kind of thing. I think they might be spot on. ?
Good luck with the meeting.

trev-v said...

A1 1994
A2 Schools
A3 Pupils
A4 Education
A5 Class


Glad that I live the other side of Brentwood from you. It is normally very quiet over here.


DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

1994,school,pupils,Education,Class

Freda said...

1 1998
2 School
3 Pupils
4 Education
5 Class

Edith Reuwer said...

1 1996
2.school
3.punctuation
4education
5. Class

Paul, please tell me about your washing machine.

Debbi said...

Wow! I missed the leap year connection entirely!

Your mum should feel reassured. Even experienced teaser fans can blow it! :)

And good on your mum for participating! Right on! :)

1. 1994
2. schools
3. pupils
4. education
5. class

Debbi said...

Hang on, Paul! Did someone try to kick your door in?!