Monday 26 October 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 26th October, 2020.

26th October, 2020.


Right … I have to confess to late night blogging!

I’ve managed to catch two more episode of classic Dr Who story, Fury from the Deep.

The written review’s here.

The video review …


Has just floated past!

Now, now that those are done … ?

I can finish the Teaser and go back to bed!

~≈🥱≈~
Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor†, Mum‡, Debbi^ and Edithª putting in their answers: with Trevor, Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, Mum on four, and Edith on three.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1)        Five hundred years, ago, today: 26th October, 1520, saw Charles 5th crowned as what: Kaiser, Holy Roman Emperor or Shogun?   (Apparently?   He had something like three coronations to make it official: just so you know.)

Q2)        26th October, 1919, saw the birth of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi.   He was crowned as Shah of Iran on 26th October of which year of the 1960s?

Q3)        Seth McFarlane was born on 26th October, 1973.   He created the Griffin family, and their dog Brian. For which series?

Q4)        26th October, 1951, saw the birth of keyboard player, Tommy Mars.   For many years, Mars played with which Z’s touring band?

Q5)        Finally … ?   26th October, 1946, saw the birth of transgender actress, Holly Woodlawn.   She get’s a mention in which Lou Reed song?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1)        An English Army defeated the French, at the Battle of Agincourt.   On 25th October of which year?
A1)        1415.

Q2)        Which English King led the English Army?
A2)        Henry 5th.   (As Edith and my mother are new to the Daily Teasers?   The usual convention is that current monarchs and Popes — or other such offices — have Arabic regnal numbers to tell you who they are, and predecessors with the same name use Roman numerals: as does a dead monarch, even they don’t have the same name as the current one.   The UK’s current Queen is therefore Elizabeth 2nd, and the Tudor monarch of the same name is Elizabeth I.   However, I prefer using Arabic numerals throughout.   There’s less chance of a mix-up.)

Q3)        The French forces were led — in part — by Charles 1st d’Albret.   He held which French title: Constable of France, Chamberlain of France, Chancellor of France or Detective Chief Inspector of France?
A3)        Constable of France.

Q4)        The Battle took place near the French commune of Azincourt.   The commune is in which French department: Oise (pronounced waz), Pas de Calais or the Somme?
A4)        Pas de Calais.

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Battle was part of which war: World War 1, the Thirty Years War or the Hundred Years War?
A5)        The Hundred Years War.
Here’s a thought …
“I was working in this revolving organ bar in Kodiak, Alaska, with Japanese and Russian fishermen kicking me in the back if I couldn’t play an ethnic folk song to their drunken satisfaction.”
Tommy Mars, born October 26, 1951.
And as an extra question?

What’s Bootsy doin’?


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Hang on, Deportivo have gone down a division?   As I recall, Olga, they’s normally got a good reputation!   You’re right, though, if I’ve understood things correctly: that’d normally be a huge drama!   Children and footballers … ?   What CAN I tell you?   Apart from “The Nanny sounds worth her pay!”?
If I know Dr Who fans?   I’m possibly not the only one who’s noticed it.   Especially when you noticed what I did last night.   His eyes are green in the episodes … but blue in the title sequence!   Oy veh!
(Dave you some goulash?   I meant save you some goulash!)

†        Oh, right … cheers, Trevor.   Sounds a bit like football refereeing.   I can remember Terry saying it was complicated!

‡        Morning, Mum!   Oh, you might want to look at the bit where I give the answer for yesterday’s second question: I’ve left a message for you and Edith.

^        That’s what I’m thinking, Debbi: it’s a nice match, however noticeable it is.   Saying that?   His eye’s are blue in the title sequence.   Deary me!
As for Outcasts … ?   It was a nice idea … but it wasn’t executed very well.   It’s the story of a group of human colonists on an alien world: after fleeing a overcrowded Earth.   The planet had tons of sunshine, but no solar panels, as an example.   

ª        Oh, yes: it’s on the 2nd, isn’t it, Edith?   It’s looking fraught, from here.   (Oh, you and Mum (Freda) get a mention in the answer to yesterday’s second question.   I hope it clarifies things!)

4 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Holy Roman Emperor (I like Charles I of Spain and V of Germany and… long list). I think we’ve talked about him before.
Q2) 1967
Q3) Family Guy
Q4) Frank Zappa
Q5) Walk on the Wild Side. What a great way to be commemorated!
There're quite a few football clubs here with Deportivo somewhere on their names (equivalent to sports' club or sporty..., so it makes sense), so you might be thinking of another one, but Español has had its ups and downs over the years, although I can't ever recall it playing in the second division in my lifetime, unless it happened while I was away (but I suspect my father would have mentioned it at some point). Their old stadium was in one of the most expensive parts of Barcelona but they had to sell it a long time ago, and now they actually play in Cornellá, which is in the outskirts of Barcelona (you can travel there by underground, but it feels wrong somehow). One of my primary school friends was a big fan and used to go to watch them train and was forever pestering us to go with her. I never went by one of our common friends did go and ended up marrying one of the footballers, who later played for Barcelona, and became a WAG I guess. I can't help but wonder...

trev-v said...

A1 Holy Roman Emperor
A2 Very dodgy question. He was Shah in1941 and Shahanshah (King of Kings) in 1967.
A3 Family Guy
A4 Frank Zappa
A5 "Walk on the Wild Side"


I remember Terry. Football Refereeing is very difficult with the rules of soccer changing just about every year. And do not get me on to VAR (Video Assistant Referees).


Debbi said...

Interesting. Some concepts work, some not so much. :)

1. Holy Roman Empire
2. 1967
3. Family Guy
4. Frank Zappa
5. Walk on the Wild Side

Edith Reuwer said...

1. Holy Roman Empire
2. 1963
3.The Family Guy
4. Frank Zapp and the Mothers of Invention
5. Walk on the Wildside

Thank you for the clarification. It makes it easier for me.

The election is on the first Tuesday in November. In earlier days it took one day to get to your polling place. I mailed in my ballot. It is free to mail it in. At least in my state. It should be free in every state.