Saturday 17 October 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 17-10-2020: Eminem

17th October, 2020.


I am bloody angry … 

Remember me telling you about the situation with the mobile phone?   Because a local mast is down … ?

Well, I was sent the usual email summary from the various local rags, yesterday.

It’s seems it’s going to take longer.

Which, frankly, I hadn’t worked out!

The article saw a lot of councillors blaming the phone operators for the continuing black out.

Which is a little hypocritical, I think.

As it was the Council’s turning down plans for extra masts, in April … 

~≈😡≈~

There’s something else.

Remember the chap who slept on my doorstep, a couple of weeks ago?


My landlords … ?

Installed a bar over the lock of the main door: to stop people jimmying the lock to get in.


That stayed until yesterday.

When someone removed it.


I’ve sent a rocket up my landlord’s bums: AND tweeted it.
As you can imagine, I’m not happy.

I’m screamingly angry.

~≈😡≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor*, Olga†, Mum‡, Edith^ and Debbiª putting in their answers: with Trevor, Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum and Edith on two.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1) 17th October saw the birth of rapper, Eminem. He was born under which name?

Q2) In which year?

Q3) He released his debut album in 1996.   Apparently?   It only sold one thousand copies.   What was it called?

Q4) His second LP, The Slim Shady LP, was produced by the Bass Brothers, Eminem, himself, Mel-Man … and who else?

Q5) Finally … ?   Lose Yourself was a UK №.1 for Eminem in 2002. It came from the soundtrack album for which film?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers

… 
Q1) 16th October, 1938, saw the birth of Nico (KNEE-co).   She appeared on which band’s debut album? 

Q2) Joan Baez was arrested on 16th October, 1967.   During protests against what: racism, the Vietnam War or the Space Race?
A2) The Vietnam War.

Q3) 16th October, 1975, saw Rahima Banu named as the last person to be naturally infected with what? 
A3) Smallpox.   (Specifically?   Rahima was infected with Variola major variety.)

Q4) 13th October, 1936, saw the birth of actor, Peter Bowles.   Who does he play, in the series, Victoria

Q5) Finally … ?   16th October, 2017, saw the UK hit by Storm … whom?
A5) Ophelia.
Here’s a thought …
“I’m not alone in feeling the way I feel.   I believe that a lot of people can relate to my shit — whether white, black, it doesn’t matter.   Everybody has been through some shit, whether it’s drastic or not so drastic.   Everybody gets to the point of ‘I don’t give a fuck’.”
Eminem.
And a playlist …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Yes: it’s a worry, isn’t Trevor?   There’s not much change for me, as I’ve got a social bubble set up.

†        You mentioning your student’s issues gets me wondering, Olga: is she dyslexic?   That’d show up in written work.   One of my exes was dyslexic, which is what got me wondering.   And, not long after we split, I recall reading about a dyslexic child in Australia.   He was 14, at the time, had a reading age of 11, in English … and a reading age of 18, in Japanese.   It ties in with the Japanese alphabet, apparently.   I’d also wonder about how many native English speakers (yourself included) she’d deal with?   That might be a reason her colloquialisms aren’t good.   Hopefully, a lock in won’t happen!
As Trevor’s said, there a pile of new rules, here in Essex!
Oh, I’ve sorted out the formatting issue: switching from Paragraph to Normal gets the line spacing the way I want it.


‡        Hello, Mum!

^        That’s a rather nice singing voice you’ve got, there, Edith: betting than mine, certainly!   (Oh, did I mention Debbi and Olga have YouTube channels?   I don’t think any of us sing, though!)

ª        Yep: I’ve just seen it, Debbi!   The Tweet, rather than the episodes!   I’ve just got the next PhoenixFM piece, finished, so I’ll be watching it … as soon as I’ve got the article polished!
I think I missed that episode of The Avengers!
(Oh, you got a message, yesterday, from Edith!)

5 comments:

trev-v said...

A1 Marshall Bruce Mathers III
A2 1972
A3 Infinite
A4 Dr Dre
A5 8 Mile


Had breakfast this morning to the sound of chain saws. They have trimmed back the trees between me and the block of garages.

Freda said...

Hi all going to duck out of the quiz today, as I no nothing about Eminem.

Olga said...

Q1) Marshall Bruce Mathers III
Q2) 1972
Q3) Infinite
Q4) Dr. Dre
Q5) 8 Mile
I am not sure about dyslexia. She seems quite fluent in Catalan and it is also a pretty peculiar language (there are rules but there are tonnes of exceptions as well), but I get the feeling that they don't actually do the whole class in English (when I suggested it she agreed, but it seemed like a novel idea to her), and I'm sure that doesn't help with colloquialisms. I read an interesting article questioning dyslexia as a "diagnosis", stating that different people with dyslexia showed completely different characteristics, and they are diagnosed based only on a normal IQ and difficulties reading and writing, but there was nothing very specific about it. It also seems that diagnosis or no diagnosis, the recommendations would be the same (extra help and support with reading and writing). Of course, the diagnosis helps get some extra resources, but they were questioning the validity of the diagnosis from a scientific point of view.
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2020/sep/17/battle-over-dyslexia-warwickshire-staffordshire
I am not sure how good her studying technique is, either, but I'll investigate. I think you might be onto something though, be it dyslexia or some specific learning difficulty, or perhaps she is better at sciences, although she told me she likes to read. Intriguing...
Oh, what a mess with the door. Perhaps it wasn't the workman who removed it.

Edith Reuwer said...

1. Marshal Mathers
2. 1978
3. candy
4. Vanilla Ice
5. The 8th Mile

Thank you, Paul. I am so happy you like my singing. I am now subscribed to both Olga and Debbi's Youtube Channels.

Debbi said...

How nice. Thanks, Edith and Paul. Odd to have these time-shifted conversations, eh? :)

Sorry to hear about your situation. Sheesh!

1. Marshall Mathers
2. 1972
3. Infinite
4. Dr. Dre
5. 8 Mile