Monday, 16 January 2012

The Daily Teaser - 16-1-2012

You know, I’ve got to admit, that’s not a stunning photo, is it … ?

Mind you … ?

Saying that, I’ve GOT to admit, me and Jude managed to catch some Sunday night children’s TV.

I think I can safely say In The Night Garden

Is definitely a bit strange, unless you’re one!

Let’s get moving on, shall we … ?

‹‹•››

Yesterday’sº Teaser saw Debbi putting in her answers: and, along with posting up this post — always nice to see a tune I’ve told her about, getting a mention*ª — AND mentioning War and Peace, also bagging 6 out of 6.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video
Q1) 16th January, 1920, saw the first council meeting of the League of Nations: in which city … ?

Q2) 16th January, 1412, saw which family named as the official bankers to the Papacy … ?

Q3) 16th January, 1547, saw who become the Tsar of Russia … ?

Q4) 16th January, 1970, saw who become Premiere of Libya?

Q5) And finally … 16th January, 2006, saw Ellen Johnson Sirleaf become Africa’s first elected head of state: which African country was she president of … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 15th January, 2011, saw the death of actress, Susannah York: for which 1969 film did she receive a Best Actress Oscar nomination … ?
A1) They Shoot Horses, Don’t They?

Q2) 15th January, 1991, saw the Queen saw laws to let Australia hand out it’s own what: MBEs, Knighthoods or Victoria Crosses?
A2) Victoria Crosses.

Q3) 15th January, 1967, saw the first Super Bowl: in which US city … ?
A3) Los Angeles.

Q4) More to the point, name either of the teams that played …
A4) The Green Bay Packers and the Kansas City Chiefs. (The Packers won, 35-10.)

Q5) 15th January, 1984, saw which former peer named as Labour party candidate for the Chesterfield by-election?
A5) Tony Benn.

Q6) Finally — and during the American Revolutionary War — 15th January, 1777, saw New Connecticut proclaiming its independence. How is New Connecticut now known … ?
A6) Vermont.
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll leave you with a tune or two …















* I’ve got to admit, Debbi, Down in the Park is one of Gary Numan’s best, whatever form it’s in!

ª Actually, just as a though … ? GIMP is a rather powerful piece of free software … !

º You’re not wrong about the Job’s bio, Debbi … ! (Tina Redse, one of his former lovers, and a mental health professional, felt he met all of the diagnostic criteria for Narcisstic Personality Disorder.)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's quite an insight into Jobs. I don't think I'd have wanted him as a boss. Genius or not. :)

    1. Paris
    2. the Medici family
    3. Ivan the Terrible, aka, Ivan IV Vasilyevich
    4. Muammar Gaddafi
    5. Liberia

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.